Monday, June 11, 2012

Another Rainbow

Another Rainbow (Thoughts after attending a memorial for 2 dear friends) 



I saw a rainbow, Father, coming home from church last night.
I saw a rainbow, Father, so wondrously colored and bright,
I saw a rainbow last evening and it was such a pretty sight,
It reminded me so clearly that God’s love makes all things right.

I saw a rainbow beautiful, near as perfect as God’s love;
A sign of the great promise we can count on from above.
From the start of day ‘til evening, sadness filled our lives,
With many tears and memories, as we said to friends, "Goodbye".

From the viewing of that rainbow in a nearly cloudless sky,
You were telling us "Don’t worry, I am always standing by."
You pick up all the pieces of lives so badly shattered,
People grieving, saddened, lonely; struggling and battered.

A rainbow holds the promise of a brighter, clearer path;
Although we may be lonely and sometimes forget to laugh.
We know there will be sadness, some heartache and so much sorrow,
But God in His great wisdom promised us a bright tomorrow.
©Zelda Seymour-Kimm, 2011

1 comment:

Linda said...

Even though I have read this before, it is still a beautifully written, lovely reminder of the promise of the rainbow!